Sunday, January 08, 2006

Xooglers: "I wish I could take credit for all this brilliance but I can't. I wrote the code, but the idea was conceived by Marissa Meyer (whose name I feel safe mentioning because her role in Google has been well documented in the press) and Deb (whose last name I'll withhold because her's hasn't). Marissa did most of the design, and I did the actual implementation. It was not the most challenging thing I've ever done, but at least I got to do it in Python instead of Java. If you can't have Lisp, Python is the next best thing. I also got to do some hacking on the Google Web Server code so that it could use the new translations, which was very cool and a little bit scary, because if you screw that up you will definitely hear about it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home