Sunday, February 26, 2006

ONDotnet.com -- Rapid Application Development with VB.NET 2.0: "For a couple of years now, I've been touting the Microsoft-endorsed sentiment that it really doesn't matter if you program in C# or in VB.NET, since both are just syntactic sugar layered on top of MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language, the true language of .NET). That appears to be changing a bit with Whidbey.

Microsoft seems to be targeting Visual Basic 2.0 a bit more towards Rapid Application Development (RAD), and thus the designers of VB2 have added a few features to make developing applications quicker and easier. A key feature in this approach is the My object. The My object exposes six top-level objects for fast access to various aspects of your application, environment and resources. These are:

* My.Application
* My.Computer
* My.User
* My.Webservices
* My.DataSources"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home