Monday, December 26, 2005

[HELP]Can I upgrade to Breezy using ISO file without burning? - Ubuntu Forums:


james4e
Ubuntu Newbie Brew

Status:(Offline)
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2005

Default [HELP]Can I upgrade to Breezy using ISO file without burning? - 10-14-2005
I have download Breezy Install CD. I don't have CDROM driver. I want to know whether I can use this ISO file to upgrade my Ubuntu.

I have make some experiments. But I don't get what I want. I mount the ISO file into /media/iso. Then I used apt-cdrom to add it as a source. But I failed.

My question can also be how can I add a ISO file as a upgrade source?

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote
james4e
View Public Profile
Send a private message to james4e
Find More Posts by james4e
#2
Old
giopas
5 Cups of Ubuntu

giopas's Avatar

Status:(Offline)
Posts: 52
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Italy

Default Re: [HELP]Can I upgrade to Breezy using ISO file without burning? - 10-14-2005
I think you can't, 'couse the system has to install and configure all the packages and not only to copy them.

enjoy,
giopas

Reply With Quote
giopas
View Public Profile
Send a private message to giopas
Visit giopas's homepage!
Find More Posts by giopas
#3
Old
deBaas
1 Cup of Ubuntu

Status:(Offline)
Posts: 36
Join Date: Feb 2005
Send a message via ICQ to deBaas

Default Re: [HELP]Can I upgrade to Breezy using ISO file without burning? - 10-14-2005
I am sure you can, I did it once, I used a guide in the wiki, which i unfortunaly cant find right now

edit: it was on the forums:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=35807
Last edited by deBaas : 10-14-2005 at 10:32 AM.

Reply With Quote
deBaas
View Public Profile
Send a private message to deBaas
Find More Posts by deBaas
#4
Old
james4e
Ubuntu Newbie Brew

Status:(Offline)
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2005

Default Re: [HELP]Can I upgrade to Breezy using ISO file without burning? - 10-15-2005
Thanks all very much. I made it.

What I have done is:

Quote:
sudo mount -t iso9660 -o loop ubuntu_install.iso /cdrom
sudo apt-cdrom -m -d /cdrom add

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home