Saturday, January 07, 2006

Keyboard Choices: Reducing Wrist Pain, and QWERTY vs. Dvorak: "Foot Pedals

Anybody with hand pain must get foot pedals, since they can remove a tremendous load from your hands. I have two foot pedals, and use one for the SHIFT key, and the other for the CONTROL key. (I still type META by hand.) I have found that in the process of using the Emacs text editor to compose computer programs, I tend to use the SHIFT, CONTROL and META keys constantly, and it is easy to remove most of this load from one's hands.

Foot pedals

Note that pedals can be used to click the mouse (if you're a graphic designer), control video games (i.e., make your character move forward in Quake), etc.---they are more flexible than most people realize.

While I use foot pedals that only work on Kinesis keyboards, Bilbo makes some generic systems that work with any keyboard, and I am sure that there are other numerous other vendors as well."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home