Sunday, April 09, 2006

Slashdot | Torvalds Says 'Use KDE': "My Opinion
(Score:5, Funny)
by Tighe_L (642122) on Tuesday December 13, @10:59AM (#14246427)
(http://www.classicgaming.com/nestable/)
I can sum it up quickly: While KDE has much better applications, and has a nice Kontrol Panel, QT is bloated and slow. Gnome's applications are underdeveloped and lack the features that KDE's applications have, GTK2 is quite fast. Personally I use Gentoo and set my use flags to comple GTK2 support and remove QT support, and for user interface I use fluxbox and aterm. This is quite fast and works well for me. I assume that Linus is refering to newbee's to and kind of _nix. I personally will not be using KDE, I don't care what Linus says, who made him Jesus? I am sure that Jesus would use a command prompt. Hello? 10 Commandments??"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home